The best method to germinate cannabis seeds
After buying cannabis seeds the next step is to germinate them. After reading the information below you will be prepared to successfully germinate the seeds.
1: Preparation before sprouting
Make sure you have all the information before you start. Well begun is half done.
- The water temperature has to be around 22 degrees Celsius.
- The substrate should not be too moist to avoid the seeds to rot. Roots also need air.
- Wash your hands before touching the cannabis seeds to avoid contamination.
- The PH of the water should be between 5.5 and 6.5 to get the best results.
2: Grow supplies you need for this germination method
Make sure you buy the grow supplies in before you start. The most important supplies for this sprouting method: :
- Paper towel
- A propagator and/ or grow pots
- Zipper bags
- Potting soil that's made for growing seedlings
- Growing medium (or just regular soil)
- Water with a PH level between 5.5 and 6.5 with a temperature around 22 degrees Celsius.
- Consider using a propagator to the temperature and humidity.
3. The germination of the cannabis seeds
- Wet a piece of paper towel and let the excess water run of.
- This step is optional: İf you want to be sure that there are no bacteria and fungi near the seed, you can add one sixth part hydrogen peroxide and afive sixth part distilled water.
- Inspect the seeds before germinating them. Immature seeds are likely to have a white or greenish appearance.
- Divide the seeds on the paper towel. Use multiple grip bags and paper towels if you germinate a lot of seeds.
- Place the paper towel with the seeds in a zip bag and hang it vertical. This will allow the water to be at the bottom of the bag. Check the bag every day andhold it horizontal for a moment so the paper remains moist. Add new waterapproximately every two days.
- look at the seeds everyday. As soon as the seeds have developed a root of about 1 to 3 centimeters, they can be planted in the soil.
- The root of the seed will always grow down by this method thanks to gravitropism.
- The seeds and the just developed root are very vulnerable, use a teaspoon when picking it up or carefully use your fingers or some tweezers.
4. Placing the seeds into the ground
A common mistake is to place the weed seeds in fertilized soil or give plant nutrition directly to the seeds
- Fill your pot with unfertilized soil like potting soil that's made for growing seedlings. Don't press the soil too much and make it a bit moist.
- Make a hole in the ground with your pinky finger or a teaspoon and put the seed on the edge of the hole (with the root down).
- Fill the hole carefully with soil and make sure the seed is not under the soil.
- Press the soil around the seed in a circle shape so the seed is a little higher. When you water it the seed itself doesn't get wet.
- The seeds are safe in the pots now but we are not done yet. To ensure ideal humidity take a transparent bottle, bag or zip bag and place this over every pot.
- After several days the plant has grown the first leaves (lobe leaves) and will go in search of light. You can support the plant with a stick if your seedlings start to stretch.
- Don't place the seedlings in the full sun in the first few days. Put them in the shade so that the leaves do not burn.
Additional information about cannabis seeds.
Store your seeds in a cool dry place, in a refrigerator for example. Read more about how to store cannabis seeds.
- Learn from your mistakes ( and other people's as well!) and read as much information as possible. Sign up to a cannabis forum and ask questions.
- A lot of mistakes are made with giving water to cannabis plants. Read some of our tips and you will not be making these mistakes.